719 Richmond Road
Actual terms may vary
This lease, made this ____________ day of ____________, ________ by and between Great Knights, Inc., a Virginia Corporation, hereinafter called the "Landlord" and ________________________________________________, (a person 18 years of age or older) hereinafter called the "Tenant".
That the Landlord, in consideration of the rent and covenants hereinafter reserved and contained on the part of the Tenant to be paid and performed, hereby leases to the Tenant, and the Tenant hereby hires from the Landlord ROOM _______, 719 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, Virginia. The term is from noon on _______________ to noon on ________________at a rental rate of $__________ for each semester and $_________ for each summer session during which Tenant shall occupy said room.
The Tenant covenant and agrees with the Landlord:
1. That a deposit of $400.00 is made, to be refunded witout interest no sooner than 5 days but within 30 days of the premisis being vacated at the end of the rental period if the premises is in good repain and clean and the Tenant has no outstanding debts to the Landlord. There shall be a minimum charge of $100.00 to terminate a lease.
2. To pay the Landlord the rental rate by the 15th day of August for the fall semester, by the 1st day of December for the spring semester, and by the 15th of May for the summer session. A late fee of $2.00 per day, for each day after the due date will be assessed if rent is late. Residents staying past their move out date must make written arrangements and have them signed by the Landlord or Landlord may remove the tenant's property from the building and place it in storage and charge the tenant for said expenses. Landlord shall use reasonable care in said move, but shall not be held responsible for any inconvenience or damage to the tenant or tenant's property. The minimum fee without written arrangements to the contrary will be $100.00 per day. Tenant is to be responsible for all collection costs associated with any late payments or default of payments, or failure to move expenses.
3. To use said room as a dwelling and for no other purpose whatsoever. Use for athletics, weight lifting, etc. is prohibited. Tenants are expected to be considerate of others with regard to noise level and conveniences. No disorderly conduct and no music after midnight or before 8:00 am. Landlord is not responsible for any furnishings that may or may not be in said room. Landlord does not supply furnishings. Tenants who leave furniture and other items over the summer session do so at their own risk.
4. That the room rental is based on single occupancy. There will be an additional fee for increased occupancy of $10.00 per person, per night. Off street parking is for residents only. Parking in the front of the building will not be tolerated. Parking is only permitted in the designated parking area behind the house. Your car will be towed at your expense if found parked on the property in any other place, including but not limited to the front lawn. All Tenants shall provide Landlord with an accurate description of their car and license plate number. Any car not listed with the Landlord shall be towed at owner's expense.
5. That the Tenant shall not assign, transfer or sublease the room. Guests of the Tenant shall be escorted by the Tenant at all times or shall be considered as a trespasser and may be removed to the property.
6. Tenant shall take good care of the room and common areas, and keep them clean and in a sanitary condition. Any food products must be stored in airtight containers. All appliances and the use of them must meet with the fire code. A maximum of one power strip per outlet may be used with no extension cords. Tenant has (or will upon occupying demised) inspected the smoke detectors and stipulates they are adequate and functioning and Tenant will maintain same including batteries in smoke detectors.
7. That maid service is not provided. Tenants are jointly responsible for keeping clean and free of debris, the common areas used such as bathrooms, halls, etc. Each resident of the second and third floor will be charged $25.00 per person if the Landlord determines it necessary to have common areas cleaned. Supplies such as light bulbs, toilet tissue, etc. are the Tenant's responsibility. Tenants are expected to dispose of trash promptly in proper receptacles in the rear yard.
8. That no pets will be allowed.
9. To conduct no illegal activity on the premises or violate any city ordinance or code. To inform the police if you have knowledge of a fellow resident conducting illegal activities on the premises.
10. That any improvements, painting, replacement of mattresses, carpeting, blinds, etc. are the expense of the Tenant and become the property of the Landlord unless express written arrangements are made prior to such action. Any furniture abandoned becomes property of the Landlord.
11. That the Landlord supplies electricity, gas and water for the building. Tenant shall act responsibly with the use of the same by keeping windows closed while heat is on, turning off appliances and lights when not in use and by immediately notifying the Landlord or building manager of any drips or leaks that may occur. Any air conditioners should be placed in a side or rear window, or original window. Air conditioners shall not be allowed in rooms with only replacement windows. Said appliance must be the only appliance being used in that outlet. Large electrical appliances requiring 220 volts are not permitted.
12. That bicycles are not permitted in the building. Any bicycle found in the building will be forfeited to the Landlord as compensation for damages caused by bringing bicycles into the building. If no damages, the bicycle will be held until the end of the rental period, and a storage fee is applicable.
13. That the Landlord shall not be liable to the Tenant or any person to any extent or any time or in any event for any injury or damage to the Tenant of any other person or to property of the Tenant or of any other person in or about the premises irrespective of the cause of such damage or injury, unless gross negligence on the part of the Landlord is shown.
14. That the exterior stairs on the east side of the building is a fire escape and their use for any other purpose is prohibited. Use of the roof is not allowed. Use of the screened in porch is allowed at the discretion of the first floor tenant, and any item found there may be forfeited to the Landlord.
15. The Landlord may inspect the room upon 24 hours notice, or without notice if the Landlord believes the premises are endangered. Landlord may show premises to others at reasonable times and with notice when possible.
16. The Landlord may re-enter and occupy the room for the breach of any covenant herein contained upon the tenant's failure to remedy the breach within 5 days after notice from the Landlord or if the Tenant shall be in default for 5 days in payment of rent.
17. The property has been inspected by the Tenant and is leased "as is". The Landlord may at his potion make improvements to the property so long as there is minimal disruption to the Tenant.
18. The adding or changing of any keyed locks by any party other than the Landlord or the Landlord's agent is prohibited.
19. Tenant shall furnish the Landlord with their phone number if one is available.
20. Tenant shall contact resident manager with any building concerns, prior to contacting Landlord.
21. Tenant shall bear the cost of collections if necessary. A Virginia Court may sever any part of this lease save the remainder.
Any notice given by the Landlord to the Tenant or by the Tenant to the Landlord may be given and shall be deemed to have been duly given if either delivered personally or to their address as the case may be:
To the Tenant at the leased premises.
To the Landlord at its office, 1005 Richmond Road, Suite 1, Williamsburg, VA 23185
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Landlord and the Tenant have executed this lease in duplicate as of the day and year first above written.
Parent's name, address and phone number:
Great Knights, Inc., Landlord
List any existing damages on reverse: